My Photo
Name:
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, United States

I am a: wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a mentor, a hiker, an avid reader, a knitter, a loyal friend, a filmmaker, a singer, a baker, a card maker, an editor, a gardener, a home owner, a laugher, a crier, a Paul McCartney fan, just to name a few... EMAIL me at carrster[at]yahoo[dot]com if you so desire

Monday, August 07, 2006

The Ant Bully

Last night Miss M and I went to The Ant Bully. I was hoping to get into a 'cheap' afternoon showing but the latest one was 4:45 and that conflicted with plans that she already had with family. We went at 7:05 instead.

When we walked in I said, "We can either get popcorn now or we can get an ice cream cone after the movie. You choose." Well, she was hemming and hawing and couldn't make up her mind so we went and sat down.

This is the first time she got pouty & "mad" at me (Not really, but...). She wanted to sit in the front row as every kid on the planet wants to do. I'm not sure why that is such a big deal, I did it too, but it is. But as the paying adult I do not want to sit there for an hour and a half with my neck cricked up (this one is particularly close and looking straight up)...so I picked a row which she didn't like then we picked an in between row but she was still annoyed with me. Oh well, as soon as the movie started she seemed to forget about it so I think it was all okay.

1/2 way through the movie she said "oh the smell of popcorn is making me huuuuuuuuungry." So I said we could go and get some...which we did. She gobbled it right up!

The movie was okay. Not was cute as some but the story was really good and it had a lot of star power in the vocal cast. I enjoy all sorts of movies so I was just happy to be in the theater. The last movie I saw in the theater was Brokeback Mountain back in January! Sheesh. I was due.

Next up: I'm going to watch her karate class and then bring her to my house to make dinner.

2 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Its a funny thing , having kids in your life,instead of accademy award worthy films,suddenly its all Hilary Duff, Lindsey Lohan, and animation!

5:49 PM  
Blogger carrster said...

Well, it's a good thing I'm suck for ANYTHING (practically) in a theater and I've always loved animation. I think Steve's probably happy I have someone to watch "cartoons" with now. :-)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home